- Poor mental health is a definitely large factor in mass shootings
- Another large factor in mass shootings would be guns
- Poor mental health, even when observed by trained professionals, is tricky to regulate, as you can’t hold it in your hands
- You can hold a gun in your hands
- REGULATE GUNS
- AND ALSO MENTAL HEALTH, YES THAT SYSTEM IS ALSO BROKEN BUT
- START WITH THE THING YOU CAN SEE
I understand last night’s mass shooting, 40 miles from where I live, ‘the worst mass shooting in the US in twelve days,’ is a NRA’s dream. The shooter owned his weapons legally (except for the magazines) making it a mental health issue. But a mental health professional cleared him in April. Because how can you really even tell how broken a person is, what they might do? I’m not a policy genius, I’m just a grown up baby with a blog, BUT ISN’T THE ANSWER SO VERY VERY CLEAR?