For going on three years now, I’ve had a daily 60 mile commute up to Sunny Santa Clarita, where the magic happens, as it were. Over said years, I have developed a series of Car Games to pass the time, which I will share with you here, for your own commutes. NOTE: GAMES CAN BE ADJUSTING SLIGHTLY FOR TRAIN GAMES DEPENDING ON YOUR PERSONAL LEVEL OF SELF CONSCIOUSNESS.
– Listen to NPR morning addition and say ‘Hmm.’ or ‘Huh!’ every time you learn a new fact about corn / people / ISIS.
– Sing along to EVERY DIXIE CHICKS SONG THAT’S EVER BEEN RECORDED AS LOUD AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.
– Try and remember everything you can from kindergarden. Progress slowly through the years.
– Morbidly wonder what will the funeral will be like of the INSANE MOTORCYCLIST WHO ZIPS BY VERY CLOSE TO YOUR CAR AND IT IS TERRIFYING.
– Pretend you’re from the past and you’ve been sucked through some sort of closet time portal and suddenly you appear in 2015 and you are driving a car but you don’t even know what a car is. Take in the world for the first time.
– Find the gum in your purse. Lose it. Find it again.
– Don’t hit other cars.