For some ALHL research (gearing up for draft #17 in which I change everything all over again) I drove around Bedstuy and East New York.
– Brooklyn is big. I’m small.
– The giant trucks will start to honk at you BEFORE the light even turns, just because you’re being alive, ie stupid.
– Park for a minute and school kids will start to lounge on your car then make fun of you while you parallel park.
– The fancy bakery I ventured to (RESEARCH / CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS) was boarded up and gone.
– The stoop where a 15 year old was shot a few months ago looks exactly like any other stoop.
– I must try Trinidad / Trinidadian? Curry.
– Brand spanking new luxury apartments sit unoccupied, it seems, between rundown buildings.
– Again: world: Big , me: small.